Sunday, August 04, 2013

The shortest night of my life

On the last Wednesday of July I found myself boarding an airplane at 9:30 pm PST heading towards New York City's JFK airport. I normally try and avoid flying a red eye flight at all cost because I never sleep on an airplane. I assumed the flight would take about 6 hours because that has been my experience in the past. Too my dismay I heard the pilot announce the flight would be four hours and twenty minutes. I tried in vain to sleep but it just didn't take. I couldn't turn my light on and read because two of my three kids were sharing the row with me and of course were sound asleep. I looked at the stars for a while and finally snapped this picture of the rising sun. By the end of Thursday I had been awake for about 36 hrs and was pretty delirious.

No comments: