Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Cutting Fail


This time of year finds me pulling down brightly colored coffee filter hearts from the windows and debating what to do next. I know that Saint Patrick's Day is just around the corner and I should be encouraging my kids to paint shamrocks that are green, yellow and orange. However I have found cutting out shamrocks to be very hard. Last year I traced my cookie cutter but they were so small it seemed like to much work. This year a friend of my passed along a link she found of someone who makes coffee filter shamrocks.


Today I grabbed several plain coffee filters to practice cutting out shamrocks. I read and reread the brief instructions on the webpage. Looked at the pictures and then attempted to cut some out.

as you can see from the above picture I haven't quite figured it all out yet. The stem is was is catching me up. You only want one but how do you do that? You can't create one out of the already cut leaves because it would look funny. I think I'll get my husband to look at the example and see if he can figure it out. My brain just can't get it right now.  If all else fails we can make flowers again. 

No comments: