Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Humpback Whales!

 I have been visiting the island of Kauai since I was 16 years old. I was there before hurricane Inki reeked havoc upon the oldest Hawaiian island. I remember what Coco Palms, that resort made famous by Elvis Presley in the movie Blue Hawaii, looked like before it was left to rot these last 20 years. And I know how amazing Poipu beach was too. I have never seen humpback whales this well over the years.






























I did get some great videos but I should edit them. And yes, I think I need a better telephoto lens. 

2 comments:

Ernie Martinez said...

Here in Puerto Rico in the Town of Rincon by an old light house you sometimes can see whales too i cant tell you time of the year but it always around a certain time.

Luna Indigo said...

Sounds fantastic Ernie. Lighthouses are fun to see all by themselves and then add whales. :-)