Sunday, November 27, 2011

New recipes

This week I tried at least three new recipes and they all worked! I made my first ever Tom Kha soup. It was a vegetarian version and to my skeptical mind it turned out great. I then tried that black bottom pecan pie recipe and that got rave reviews. Next up was today's experiment. I was completely off my game all day and even though I managed to foul up the order of the ingredients, I managed to pull off the above bread, Mallorcas. The recipe says that this bread is served with ham and eggs and that it is common food in Puerto Rico. (I would share the recipe link with you but Saveur doesn't have it listed on their site currently). I always enjoy a good recipe that works.

1 comment:

Cindy Chance said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. Great pix! Your cats are beautiful! And the food looks delicious!!
Cindy at www.southernfriedandtiedup.blogspot.com and www.explorevirginia.blogspot.com