Friday, October 14, 2011

Glorious Pie

I picked up a new cookbook all Southern pies. The lemon chess pie came from that book. Today I took on making the Tar Heel Pie. I already had a pie crust made up from yesterday and I couldn't just let it go waste. I know the art of pie making is falling by the way side for many people. I know many people feel intimidated by making a pie crust from scratch. This pie was super easy.
 melt the butter
 roll out your crust and put it in the pie plate
 add your chocolate chips to the melted butter and let them melt
 mix in your 2 eggs
 mix in vanilla, pecans and sugar too
 pour it into your pie crust and let it bake
pull it out of the oven and let it sit for an hour before you cut it. It looks like a brownie with a crust. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool! 

No comments: