Friday, August 26, 2011

A new drink for me

I like finding new drinks to try. I am a fan of Dry Soda and Izze juice. Both are tasty and not over the top sweet. Sure I drink my water but sometimes I get rather bored with it. Of course I do know many people who cannot fathom drinking a glass of water in a day let alone 8!  I happily found this recipe for sparkling lime juice in my Mexican cookbook.
4-6 large limes
1 bottle of club soda (not the litter but the bigger size)
1/4-1/2 c sugar
This recipe proved to be a hit with my monthly dinner group too. It isn't sweet and it really quenches the thirst.  You can make it by the glass if you don't want a whole pitcher too. Today I mixed lemons in with the limes and have had great success. I bet you could add gin or vodka to it if you had a hankering. 

No comments: