Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rogue Road Signs

After rightfully following the city guidelines on how to make our street safer. And being told  by ever city worker we have asked.  We have learned that it is nearly impossible to get an island, street humps (why can't they just call them bumps?) or even just a sign placed on our street. You cannot even imagine my frustration (or maybe you can).  I took matters into my own hands last night.
Under the cover of darkness (as was suggested by my former boss) I walked outside to add my own warnings to my street. 
"Is this what a mother of three does for entertainment?" asked my next door neighbor. Two of my neighbors came out and cheered me on. My husband and two of my children were there to watch the excitement.  
We'll see if anyone notices. 

No comments: