Friday, April 01, 2011

A new direction in this life

Over the last few months my husband and I have been doing some incredibly hard soul searching. We've been talking about our future as a family, our needs and our dreams. We both know that more children will not be joining us, as we have our hands full with just three.


After much discussion we have decided to go away from the mainstream way of thinking and go our own way. We are confident that by being trailblazers more people will be joining us in the future. I know this is going to be a groundbreaking moment for us. We might lose friends and our families might turn their backs on us.


We have decided to take on a brother husband. There are not enough hours in the day to tackle all our household projects or sometimes just keep the everyday stuff trundling along. So, by adding a brother husband into our household he will be able to help us to finish all those projects that are half way finished. The painting of certain walls and trim. We'll be able to build that new fence in the front yard and fix the one in the back. We might even be able to win back our yard and garden.


I know this might alienate all my readers but I am rather excited about having extra help around the house! And yes, he'll be working a normal job to help this family become a two income family again. It will definitely give me some great blogging material!

9 comments:

Mollie said...

Nice! Let me know how that works for you.

Luna Indigo said...

It should work out very well. Lots of helping hands! ;-)

Alice said...

I was all set to post a comment recommending a good lawyer to get the paperwork for this sort of thing all sorted out so everyone is happily provided for in case of whatever, since marriage certificate would obviously not be an option.

Then I remembered the date.

So, if this is still here tomorrow - then I'll recommend the lawyer without feeling like a fool.

Luna Indigo said...

I think this is an awesome april fools joke, don't you Alice? I didn't say I was pregnant or that we were divorcing (like all the other people). I was creative. And truth be told we could use a worker bee around here, maybe not a brother husband though!
Lawyer? What kind of lawyer would help us do this legally?

Alice said...

LOL.

A lawyer could help you draw up domestic partnership contracts to allow inheritance and child guardianship to be the way you want it to be. We used an awesome gay/poly-friendly lawyer to draw up our domestic partnership agreement so we wouldn't have to get married.

Luna Indigo said...

I was just thinking of how to explain to a lawyer; this is my husband and my other other husband. :-)That would be hilarious!

Alice said...

Some lawyers it would be easy. Other lawyers not-so.

It was a very good prank. I got all the way through writing my supportive and helpful comment before I had any doubt. And the fact that you didn't mention _who_ this brother husband was going to be was the biggest tip off ... wouldn't you have this person in your life already rather than going and looking for one that meshes well with your current family? Hmm....

I had the BEST opportunity for fooling yesterday but it was too cruel, and I couldn't do it. I'm completely in my due-date window and I could have put out a full-on birth announcement... but I didn't.

Luna Indigo said...

I thought about mentioning a name but couldn't come up one that was fitting. That would have definitely sealed the deal.
I had a friend who stated in her FB status that she and her husband not only signed on a house, bought a new puppy that they were also expecting a new baby. Which then bit her in the bum. Her relatives caught wind of it and decided to leave her congratulations messages on her phone machine. Poor girl.

Miriam said...

Heheheheh :-) Good one, Luna!!!