Monday, April 04, 2011

I don't want to grow up mama

Today I had a very sad child. I asked him why he was so sad, he said he didn't want to get bigger because then he wouldn't be able to wear his two dresses.  When I said that we all grow bigger even when we don't want to, that sent my son into hysterics. (whoops, bad mama) I said that scientists haven't figured out how to stop us from actually growing but as you grow you can hold onto your youthful excitement (big concept for a 3yr old, I know). That seemed to be okay. Although the dresses were a touchy subject. My son wailed that he only wanted to wear dresses and to stay small. I told him that if he got bigger I could buy him a bigger dress, for some reason this wasn't comforting. I know with at least one of his dresses (not the one pictured above) that I would have no problem replacing it with a bigger one. Maybe that will be my little secret, I'll just replace his dress with the same one as he grows. It will be the ever wonderful magical dress.

No comments: