Saturday, April 09, 2011

from blue to orange

 Two years ago we were in the midst of remodeling our house. I agonized about paint colors. I knew that I didn't want any white walls in my house. Now after being back in our house for a year and a half I am happy with all but one. (I should say that the front hall bugs me but it bugged me as we were painting it). I chose a blue for the living room and I am still convinced to this day that the paint on my walls is not the paint I picked out. This blue makes me feel like I am under water and since I spend most my time in this room , I think it's time for a change.
 For some reason the orange palette got stuck in my head. Today we headed off to Lowes to see what kind of colors would work.
I know it is hard to grasp from this photo just how brilliant some of these paint chips are. I think over all I did very well at picking a good assortment and the right color range. I don't want to have to repaint the ceiling or the trim. I am not looking forward to painting the living room over again but at the same time my mental health is highly important to me. 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm agonizing about my kitchen paint colors as well. Tried a few today that i thought would look good, but didn't. Still working on it.

Luna Indigo said...

it can be hard. I have narrowed the field down since when I posted this blog. It helped to lie on the floor next to Isabel and stare at them for a while taped to the door frame. It also helps to put the chips in different types of light.