Monday, February 07, 2011

One piece, two piece, tankini- whatever your choice might be, I don't want to wear it

I have been packing for our annual trip to Kauai and thinking about swimsuits. Everyone has one in this family. I have quite a few in my drawer, left over from a long ago time when I didn't have a belly or really care about actually wearing a swimsuit. I know there are many other people out there in the world who are four times bigger then me and will parade around in a string bikini or a speedo. I know that I am not overweight but I could use a little more tone in certain areas thanks to my having given birth to three babies. I find myself feeling embarrassed about the thought of wearing a swimsuit these days in public. Has that ever happened to you? I think to myself "nobody needs to see THAT". Of course all this thought will probably be for nothing, since my kids for some reason would rather traipse around a garden then sit and dig in the sand on a beach.

No comments: