Thursday, February 03, 2011

Creatively Yours- adventures with kitchen appliances

I wish dear reader that for one day that I could give you my sense about food. I realize most people do not possess the ability to read a recipe and know how it will taste and smell. I also know most people cannot create fun new dishes in their head, instinctively knowing how to season it just right.
 Yesterday, I thought of a new dessert that I wanted to create. While none of it is exactly a "new" idea, I did use my new kitchen devices to create a new take on some old classics. I simmered some apples in brandy with brown sugar and cinnamon. 
 Made some of my "never fail" pie crust
 Placed the dough and apples in my individual mini cupcake baker and create mini apple pies. 
Then I topped these little two bite delights with a dollop of caramel sauce and homemade vanilla ice cream. Scrumptious! 

No comments: