Monday, January 10, 2011

Noncompetitive Will

It has taken me 35 years and having three children of my very own to make a discovery about myself. I cannot speak for any one other then myself here. After watching two of my kids competing for my attention or actually anything in general it dawned on me, I don't have that need.
 If I play a game against anyone else I really don't start the game plotting my opponents demise nor do I look for ways to make myself gain amazing amounts of points. Do I want to win, sure but I don't get all bent out of shape if I lose. I love to challenge myself to see what I am capable of but I don't ever think about how I can be better and faster then others.
I am pretty sure this is a product of my being an only child. I never had to compete against anyone else in my home while I was a kid, so I never learned how to have that no holds bar competitive drive many other people have. Just ask my husband about the Monopoly game incident where I decided that I never wanted to play with him again.
So, too all of you who I play Scrabble with, know that I am having a great time. I have yet to actually win a game. And yes, I want to keep playing!

No comments: