Friday, January 07, 2011

Appliance Holiday

It would seem that this was the year of kitchen appliances for our household, thanks to the addition of 2 new gadgets we got for Christmas. The above it a lovely device that can froth and heat up milk for fancy drinks. I am pretty sure I haven't quite gotten the hang of how to you it properly yet. Sometimes I get the milk nice and frothy, other times not so much.
There is a saga surrounding this little device. I used a gift card to purchase it through Williams-Sonoma and while everything was reflected fine on my initial transaction with them. It would seem that the gift card was somewhere along the line deleted from my bill. So, that my credit card was charged for the full amount. I am now on my third round of emails about this problem with their customer service department. For some reason they keep trying to tell me that crediting my account back for the amount of $97.97 is ok. I have yet to hear why they think that a $100 gift card should be reduced by $3. The simple answer to all this is to void the original charge and just charge the amount that wasn't covered by the gift card. They can't seem to grasp this concept.

No comments: