Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Ink

Over two years ago I started talking about getting a new tattoo. My neighbor, Kim, said she had been thinking about getting one too. Our plan was to get them done soon. Then one day I learned that I was pregnant with my third child, all tattoo plans were off until after the pregnancy. After my youngest was born I started thinking about tattoos again. It seemed like it was never going to happen. I found a tattoo parlor that I thought would be good but they ALWAYS were busy. Until yesterday afternoon that is.  Everything in the universe aligned and I was able to go up to the tattoo parlor.
 I now have the phases of the moon around my right wrist.
 I'm actually still getting used to this one. I think maybe a couple years from now I'll go back in and get some shading done. Right now I am imagining all the fun my kids are going to have just with the shapes!
 I also got some constellations done. As you can see this is Orion
 This mess of new freckles is actually Hercules, Bootes and Corona Borealis
 Cassiopeia
 Leo, the first constellation I learned about outside of the big and little dippers in 7th grade
 The big and little dippers
Here we have the complete summer triangle with Delphinus included. Below this we have Pegasus and Andromeda

after getting all these done yesterday I had some fun endorphins running through my blood stream. In that semi haze I managed to severely burn my right index knuckle. As if my body needed one more thing to deal with!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

WOW!! Coolio... I love the moon phases.

Luna Indigo said...

thanks. :-)poor wrist. it isn't too happy with me right now.