Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vintage Shoes--Cross Country travels

I took a chance on buying a pair of actual vintage shoes about 3 weeks ago. Knowing full well they probably wouldn't fit. As you can see in the above picture they are some pretty cool looking witch shoes, how could I pass those up? I paid the little extra money to have them shipped 2 day priority mail. 3 days after my order I received an email from the customer service department. They had received an email from a customer stating that she had ordered a pair of vintage shoes but the ones that were sent to her were not the pair she had bought. Turns out, a little human error had happened and I got her shoes, she got mine. After playing a game of tag you're it with a slew of emails (really this went on for WAY too long!). The other customer and I were given each other's snail addresses so that we could ship the shoes directly to each other. The company of course would pick up the tab for the shipment swap. I sent the wrong shoes off to their rightful owner 2 day priority mail while she did a week long method for mine. Oddly enough the cost was only a $1 different. The right shoes finally arrived two days ago and I was afraid to open them at first. Sadly, they are in fact to small for my feet, even though I measured them! I now get to ship them back across the country. The cool thing about this whole shoe drama is I have a 20% off code for my next purchase. It's the little things like that, that make good customer service memorable.

No comments: