Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pesto, easy but not

Fresh basil,
Parmesan cheese,
garlic,
olive oil,
fresh ground pepper
and pine nuts
Sounds easy enough right? Then why do all of us who eat pesto buy it more often then not? I'll tell you why, because getting those silly basil leaves to stay down and be blended takes a lot of effort! I had 3 bunches of fresh basil delivered with my organic produce this last Tuesday and finally got around to making pesto last night. It took me nearly a half hour because those silly leaves were so darn stubborn! Did I add the right amount of oil? Of course. Did I add the cheese at the right moment? Yes. Despite all this those leaves kept jumping out of the way of those very sharp blades. I think next time I'll chop them up a bit before I stick them in the food processor.

No comments: