Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh how I do love my friends

I always find it funny how some people in the world don't get how important friends really are. Sure not everyone you meet is going to become that life long amazing friend with you through thick and thin. Sometimes you'll realize that a person has become a closer friend then you first expected them to be. Other times you are betrayed by those you thought were your closest and most dearest friend.

For the longest time I had more guy friends then girl friends because I just couldn't keep up with all the melodrama that surrounds so many women . Plus I'm really not into the whole shopping phenomenon which enraptures almost all girls.

For the friends I do have I am incredibly protective of, think mama bear. Sometimes years pass and I don't actually see some of my friends face to face for long amounts of time. When we do reconnect it generally is as if no time has past.

Other friends drop off the radar because they just can't be bothered to stay in touch. Which in this day and age of cellphones and computers is rather hard to do. The feeling surrounding these people is generally bittersweet.

At this point in time of my life I'm trying to maintain the great friendships I have and nurture some others in the very beginning stages. For being a stay at home mom makes it very hard to get out and about. Gone are the days of being able to go out to a bar or club until 2 AM. Hell just going to a movie can be an event all on to its self.
Often times these days I find myself feeling quite inept as to what to talk about to people when I'm in a social situation. I am so thankful for my Internet connection because without it I wouldn't have a clue as to what is going on around me and then I would be an even bigger outcast.

This blog is to all my friends old and new. I love you and am quite thankful you are in my life. I know I don't say it quite enough some times. You help to remind me that I am more then just a mama, short order cook, diaper changer, laundry goddess and spit up rag.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

You're AWESOME is what you are. You are inspiring to me.

And I hope that my ridiculous happenings don't make you annoyed. I'm grateful that we've reconnected. :D

Luna Indigo said...

thanks Noe. Life is so short, friends are SO important!