Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

A couple of weeks ago I had a craving for cinnamon rolls, so I opened up my Joy of Cooking and was shocked to discover that there was NO recipe in the entire book! I went on to www.epicurious.com and quickly remedied the situation. Now had I thought this through I would have taken a picture of my picture perfect dough ball. The above is a picture of the beautiful dough rolled out and yes, that is butter. Can we say heart attack?
Here we have the brown sugar/ cinnamon mixture that goes on top of the butter.

next you roll the dough up and then slice it into half inch slices


after you let all the rising and the baking happen, you take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and quickly invert them onto a rack. I assume this helps the brown sugar mixture ooze through out the rolls while they are still warm.



After 10 minutes you flip them back to being right side up.




And then to top off the rolls you can add a great cream cheese glaze. Although I think I like them better without the glaze, they are a bit less sweet. I took all these photos in honor of Sonja who loves to show us her step by step processes for projects.






2 comments:

Chris and Sonja said...

Yay!! They look wonderful and soooo very tasty!

Luna Indigo said...

they are really yummy! not so hard either, you just have to wait for them to rise twice. :-)