Saturday, March 11, 2006

Should have been...ahh, well what can I say?

I was watching Walk the Line for the second time last night and I started thinking. Robert Patrick should have been nominated for an Oscar. Why do I say this? He masterly portrayed Johnny Cash's Dad with such a quiet rage and a convincingly hard work ethic. If Chris Cooper had been in the same role I bet he would have been nominated. Not that he needed to win. I do believe it was in fact George Clooney's year to win the best supporting Oscar. It would have been nice however to acknowledge Robert Patrick's hard work. Well, here is to all the great performances that flew well below the radar this year. My hat is off to all of you for your excellent work!

2 comments:

Chris & Sonja said...

We just saw that movie for the first time this weekend and I thought it was excellent. I totally agree with you. I liked Crash too but I think I was far more impressed with Don Chedle in Hotel Rwanda. I bawled for hours after watching that movie. :)

Luna Indigo said...

We have to rent "Crash" and " Hotel Rwanda". Of course I love watching Don Cheadle in just about anything he does! Have you guys watched "The Constant Gardener" yet? WOW! is all I can say about that movie. We just watched "Junebug" and were entertained by the crazy family dynamics.