Friday, October 28, 2005

Speeding towards a ticket while still in idle

A cold has settled over me for the last week. It started out with one of the worst sore throats I have ever had. I could barely drink water at some points. Then of course came the horrible coughing fits at night. My voice has come and gone, traveled into the land of gravely alto and a horrible unpredictable teenage male squeaking impersonation. I also successfully gave it to all in my household.
The troubling part of all this ( yes, being sick does suck) was how fast my mind was going. Here I am in an exhausted body, who's raging a war on all the "bad sick" germs and my mind is going from zero to sixty in like 10 seconds. (I haven't taken many drugs to aide in my pain so it is all me.) I've been thinking about everything and nothing all at once. It is most problematic when I finally go to bed. There I am all warm under the covers my body relieved to be lying down and my mind just won't stop. Yes, I need to get healthy and get some more physical exercise but until what the hell shall I do? Sleep is what I most crave and yet cannot achieve easily do to lack of activity because of being ill. What a cycle I am in. I guess I will just have to wait. Until then I'll keep speeding around in my head...

No comments: