Friday, September 16, 2005

Lost and Found: tales of a lost cat




Storm...Ghost...Reign...Serendipity! Over the course of a month or so I have been watching a small grey cat who appears in my front yard at various times of the day. Sometimes having appeared to have slept in my rosemary bush over the night. Slowly as time progressed I realized that I didn't want to find her small body lying on the side of the busy road not far from my house. A few days ago I decided to try and make contact. I walked outside when she was there and low and behold after a moments hesitation she walked on over. Purring, rubbing on my hands and giving me general head bonks ( like any good cat does) I learned that she was desperate for love. The next day of course she is back and I decide to take action. I pick her up and bring her into the basement giving her shelter, food and water. And I start making phone calls. No one I knows wants another cat, the Spay and Neuter Clinic is booked solid through the end of October and isn't taking anymore appointments just now and most of the no kill shelters are full because it is after all kitten season ( of course these days when is it not?). Unfortunately there isn't enough time in the day for another creature to live in my household. Finally, we found a place that only takes kittens who says they will take her. So, this morning off she went. I hope that she finds a great home because honestly, she is a very sweet kitten.

Keep your animals safe. Keep their shots updated, get them spayed or neutered and put collars on them.

No comments: